It is happening from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM on Sat., July 11 at 732 Heritage Drive in Merrickville! Chris will be providing a guided tour every hour on the hour in order to explain all of the house’s features. You will learn about:
- Passive design, starting first with very high levels of insulation and air-tightness, and then incorporating passive solar principles;
- 10 kW grid-tied photovoltaic (PV) system to offset electric car and house consumption;
- Critical systems backed-up on grid-interactive PV system;
- 20 kW solar thermal system hot water & space heating;
- Seasonal thermal energy storage;
- Radiant floor heating & cooling with ground loop heat exchange;
- ground loop pre-heating & post-cooling of energy recovery ventilator (ERV);
- Solar-heated greenhouse;
- Root cellar; and
- Rainwater storage and distribution for toilets and garden.
We look forward to seeing you!